BCS governance is based on a hierarchy of regulations, In respect of Member Groups this is as follows:-
- Charter & Bylaws approved by Privy Council (available at link)
- Member Regulations approved at BCS AGM (available in the Members Secure area at link)
- BCS Code of Conduct (available in the Members Secure area at link)
- Member Group Rules approved by Membership Board (these rules)
- Constitutions approved at the Member Group’s AGM. Note these are now optional for all Member Groups. Member Groups may choose not to have a constitution as the Member Group rules approved by Membership Board now fulfill all the requirements of a Member Group constitution.
Each level must be compatible with the level above it. In the event of conflict between two documents the higher one takes precedence.